© Tina Rupp
Cheese-Stuffed Grilled Peppers
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 Anaheim or Cubanelle peppers
- 4 baby bell peppers
- 4 small poblano chiles
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for rubbing
- In a medium bowl, blend the ricotta with the cream cheese and Parmigiano-Reggiano. Season with salt and pepper.
- Light a grill or heat a grill pan. Using a small, sharp knife, remove the stems from the peppers and reserve. Cut around inside the peppers to detach the membranes and remove the seeds. Using a butter knife, fill the peppers with the cheese mixture and reattach the tops. Rub the peppers with olive oil.
- Grill the peppers over moderately high heat, turning occasionally, until blistered all over and the cheese filling is piping hot, about 7 minutes. Transfer the peppers to plates and serve.
Make AheadThe cheese-filled peppers can be refrigerated overnight. Bring to room temperature before grilling.
An excellent partner to the dish is a crisp Pinot Blanc or Pinot Bianco.