- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup old-fashioned grits
- 4 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (1 1/2 cups)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a medium saucepan, bring the chicken broth to a boil. Add the garlic and slowly stir in the grits. Reduce the heat to moderately low and cook, stirring frequently, until the grits are tender, 20 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the cheese, butter and cream. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.