- ACTIVE: 30 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4 dozen crackers
These cheddary wafers get their pleasing crackle from a secret ingredient: Rice Krispies. Courtney Waddell's grandmother may have snagged the recipe at her bridge game.
More Tasty Snacks
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 pound cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Position 2 racks in the middle and lower thirds of the oven. In a bowl, beat the butter and cheddar at medium speed until combined. Add the flour, cayenne and salt and beat until a crumbly dough forms. Add the rice cereal and beat briefly to combine.
- Form level tablespoons of the dough into balls; place on 4 large baking sheets. Using a fork, press a crosshatch pattern into the balls, pressing them into 2-inch rounds.
- Bake the crisps 2 sheets at a time for about 25 minutes, until they are lightly browned; shift the pans from top to bottom and front to back halfway through baking for even cooking. Let cool completely.
Make AheadThe crisps can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week.