- ACTIVE: 30 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4 dozen crackers
These cheddary wafers get their pleasing crackle from a secret ingredient: Rice Krispies. Courtney Waddell's grandmother may have snagged the recipe at her bridge game.
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 pound cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Position 2 racks in the middle and lower thirds of the oven. In a bowl, beat the butter and cheddar at medium speed until combined. Add the flour, cayenne and salt and beat until a crumbly dough forms. Add the rice cereal and beat briefly to combine.
- Form level tablespoons of the dough into balls; place on 4 large baking sheets. Using a fork, press a crosshatch pattern into the balls, pressing them into 2-inch rounds.
- Bake the crisps 2 sheets at a time for about 25 minutes, until they are lightly browned; shift the pans from top to bottom and front to back halfway through baking for even cooking. Let cool completely.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.