- 1 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar
- 3 ounces drained, canned chopped hatch chiles
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
How to make this recipe
In a bowl, stir together the cheese and chiles. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Place each chicken breast, smooth-side-up, on a work surface. Place the palm of one hand on top of one breast, then insert a pairing knife to make a length-wise pocket in each breast. Divide the cheese filling between the breasts, stuffing them full. Rub the chicken with the oil, then season all over with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Place the chicken breasts on an oiled baking sheet and bake until cooked through, about 30 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before slicing and serving.