- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork
- 2 1/2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon hot paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chile powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Kosher salt
- 4 brioche hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Ketchup, Bibb lettuce and sliced yellow tomato, for serving
How to make this recipe
- In a bowl, using a fork, gently stir the pork with the vinegar, paprika, garlic, chile powder, cumin, oregano, 1 teaspoon of salt and 3/4 teaspoon of pepper. Using 2 lids from 1-quart takeout containers, press one fourth of the pork mixture into 4 perfect patties. Transfer to a plate. Repeat to form the remaining patties.
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Season the patties lightly with salt and pepper. Grill over moderately high heat, turning once, until cooked through, about 8 minutes. Transfer the burgers to the buns, top with ketchup, lettuce and tomato and serve.
The patties can be refrigerated for up to 3 hours before grilling.