- 2 large, ripe mangoes, peeled and cut into 2 halves each (2 pounds total)
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 large cinnamon stick
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise, seeds scraped
- 2 medium limes, halved crosswise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
How to make this recipe
- Heat a grill pan over moderately high heat until hot. In a medium bowl, toss the mango halves with the olive oil. Grill the mangoes over moderately high heat until nicely charred on all sides, about 12 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and cut each half into 6 wedges.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the honey, cinnamon stick, vanilla bean and seeds and 1/4 cup of water. Cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the syrup coats the back of a spoon, about 7 minutes. Discard the vanilla bean and cinnamon stick.
- Sprinkle the lime halves with the sugar. Grill, cut side down, until the sugar caramelizes, about 4 minutes.
- Arrange the charred mangoes on plates. Dollop the ricotta alongside and drizzle with the honey syrup. Serve with the caramelized lime halves.
The honey syrup can be refrigerated for 3 days. Rewarm gently before serving.