© Todd Porter & Diane Cu
Charred Edamame with Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 4
Use a cast iron or similarly heavy-bottomed skillet to make this simple, delicious charred edamame, which is seasoned only with a bit of sea salt and cracked black pepper.
Plus: More Healthy Recipes
- 1 pound (16 ounces) frozen edamame in pods
- 1 tablespoon canola oil (or other high flashpoint oil)
- Large flaked sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Thaw, rinse, and pat dry edamame pods.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat until smoking hot. Add oil, and then stir in the edamame pods to coat with oil.
- Allow to sit untouched in pan for 30 seconds, then stir. Repeat several times until edamame pods are evenly charred, 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and season well with salt and pepper.