- 4 large ears of corn, shucked
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons torn mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons torn parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons torn cilantro leaves
Heat a large grill pan. Brush the corn with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over moderately high heat, turning, until crisp-tender, about 12 minutes. Let cool.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the onion and lime juice and let stand for 10 minutes. Stir in the syrup, jalapeño and 2 tablespoons of oil and season with salt and pepper.
Working in a large bowl, cut the kernels off the cobs in sections. Add the onion dressing and toss. Add the mint, parsley and cilantro and toss again. Serve warm.