Charred Beet Salsa
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: Makes 2 cups
This tasty salsa comes together quickly because it calls for precooked beets. The best ones are Cryovaced and sold at most supermarkets.
Slideshow: More Delicious Salsas
- 9 ounces cooked beets, drained (see Note)
- 1 tomato, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 serrano chile, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Preheat the broiler and position the rack 3 to 4 inches from the heat. Place the beets on a foil-lined baking sheet and broil for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until lightly charred all over. Let cool slightly, then chop the beets.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the tomato, onion, garlic, serrano, cilantro and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the beets and serve with tortilla chips.
NotesThe best precooked beets are steamed, peeled and sold Cryovaced at most supermarkets.