Charred Beet Salsa
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 2 cups
This tasty salsa comes together quickly because it calls for precooked beets. The best ones are Cryovaced and sold at most supermarkets.
- 9 ounces cooked beets, drained (see Note)
- 1 tomato, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 serrano chile, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Preheat the broiler and position the rack 3 to 4 inches from the heat. Place the beets on a foil-lined baking sheet and broil for about 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until lightly charred all over. Let cool slightly, then chop the beets.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the tomato, onion, garlic, serrano, cilantro and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the beets and serve with tortilla chips.