- 3 tablespoons black mustard seeds
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup hot English mustard, such as Coleman’s
- 2 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- 2 tablespoons brewed espresso
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon whiskey
- Sea salt
- Cured meats, for serving
In a small skillet, toast the mustard seeds over moderate heat until they just start to pop, about 3 minutes.
In a blender, combine the toasted mustard seeds with both mustards and the molasses, espresso, honey, oil, vinegar and whiskey. Blend until smooth with some specks of seeds still visible. Season with salt. Scrape the mustard into a bowl and serve with cured meats and pretzels.