Champagne Vinegar Chimichurri
- SERVINGS: MAKES 3 CUPS
In South America, chimichurri (which varies by country, but always includes parsley, garlic, olive oil and salt) is usually served with grilled meats. Here, Jennifer Rubell pairs it with seafood and lightens it by adding Champagne vinegar.
- 1 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon crumbled dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a bowl, combine the parsley, cilantro, vinegar, garlic, oregano and ancho powder; let stand for 10 minutes. Stir in the olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
Make AheadThe chimichurri can be refrigerated for 2 days. Bring to room temperature before serving.