Chai-Spiced Caramel Fondue
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN
- SERVINGS: 12
This luscious, golden fondue laced with warming spices like ginger and cardamom is perfect after a heavy Thanksgiving meal. Dip anything you like in it, from apple and pineapple to gingersnap cookies. It can also be made ahead and served at room temperature, which is easier on the cook.
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar and water. Using a wet pastry brush, wash down the side of the saucepan to remove any sugar crystals. Cook over moderately high heat until an amber caramel forms, about 8 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in all of the remaining ingredients. Return the saucepan to the heat and cook for 1 minute, stirring until the caramel is smooth. Transfer the caramel to a bowl and let cool for about 30 minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.