- 1 stick (1/2 cup) salted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and powdered sugar until well combined. Add the flour, vanilla, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, nutmeg and salt and continue mixing for 2 more minutes.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal parts and roll into 7-inch logs. Cut 15 cookies from each log. Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies are just barely browned on the bottom.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 1 minute before moving the cookies onto a cooling rack.
Cookies can be made up to 3 days in advance and stored in an air-tight container at room temperature or frozen for up to a month. Unbaked cookie dough can be frozen for up to 3 months. Frozen cookies can be baked straight from the freezer, just add an extra minute or two to the baking time.