Ceviche Fish Tacos with Avocado and Lime
- ACTIVE: 10 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 10 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 8 small tacos
For these extra refreshing tacos, fish gets marinated in a mixture of tomatoes, citrus juices and chiles. The citrusy marinade turns the fish opaque, cooking the fish without any heat.
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 Fresno chiles, halved, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 small serrano chile pepper, halved, seeded and minced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- Juice of 4 limes
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Sea salt
- 1 pound skinless striped bass or other firm white fish fillets, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- Eight 6-inch corn tortillas
- 2 avocados, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, cut into eight wedges, for serving
- In a large bowl, toss the tomatoes with the Fresno and Serrano chiles, the scallions, cilantro, lime and lemon juice, honey and 2 teaspoons sea salt. Add the fish to the marinade and stir until coated. Cover and refrigerate the fish for at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours, stirring every 20 minutes, until the fish is soft and opaque but not falling apart. Season the ceviche with more salt if necessary.
- On a microwave-safe plate, warm the tortillas at high power for 30 seconds, until soft and pliable. Arrange the avocado slices on the tortillas and top with the ceviche. Fold the tortilla over the filling and serve right away with lime wedges.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.