- 5 ounces ground pork
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro stems and leaves
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 4 ounces soft tofu, diced (1-inch)
- 3 cups chopped Chinese cabbage
- 2 ounces dried cellophane noodles, cut into 3-inch lengths
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 medium scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery leaves
How to make this recipe
- In a large bowl, gently mix the ground pork with the cilantro and garlic. Shape the mixture into 16 meatballs.
- In a large saucepan, bring the chicken stock to a boil. Add the meatballs and simmer over moderate heat until no longer pink on the outside, about 2 minutes. Add the diced tofu and the chopped Chinese cabbage and simmer for 2 minutes longer. Add the cellophane noodles and soy sauce. Season the soup generously with freshly ground pepper and simmer for 3 minutes longer. Stir in the chopped scallions and the chopped celery leaves. Ladle the soup into warmed bowls and serve piping hot.