Celery Salad with Walnuts, Dates and Pecorino
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 12
- 1 1/4 cups walnuts
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 bunches celery (2 pounds), thinly sliced on the bias
- 3/4 cup dried pitted Medjool dates, quartered lengthwise
- 3 ounces dry pecorino cheese, shaved with a vegetable peeler
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the walnuts in a pie plate and toast for about 8 minutes, until lightly golden and fragrant. Let cool completely, then coarsely chop.
- In a small bowl, combine the shallot with the sherry vinegar. Whisk in both oils and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the toasted walnuts, celery, dates and pecorino. Add the dressing and toss. Serve at once.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.