© James Baigrie
Celery Root Remoulade with Scallops and Caviar
- ACTIVE: 30 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4 first-course servings
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 pound celery root—quartered, peeled and cut on a mandoline into thin julienne strips
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Four 2-ounce sea scallops
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Osetra caviar, for garnish
- In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise with the mustard, lemon juice and parsley. Fold in the celery root and season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the broiler. Cut each scallop crosswise into 3 slices. On a baking sheet, arrange each scallop like a clover leaf, overlapping the slices slightly. Add the cayenne to the butter; brush on the scallops. Season with salt and pepper and broil until heated through, 1 minute.
- Mound the celery remoulade on plates and set the scallop clovers on top. Garnish with caviar and serve.