Celery Root and Potato Puree
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 50 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 large celery root (1 1/2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 medium baking potato (1/2 pound), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a medium saucepan, combine the celery root, potato, garlic, cream and milk and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to moderately low and simmer until tender, about 40 minutes; drain in a colander set over a bowl and reserve the cooking liquid.
- Working in batches, puree the celery root and potato in a blender, adding as much of the reserved cooking liquid as necessary to form a soft puree. Transfer the puree to the saucepan, season with salt and pepper and reheat before serving.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.