- 15 large celery ribs, peeled and cut into 2-inch sticks
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 jarred anchovy fillets, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup Calamata olives (4 ounces), pitted and coarsely chopped
- 6 ounces ricotta salata, coarsely grated
How to make this recipe
Put the celery in a large bowl of ice water and refrigerate until curled and very crisp, at least 2 hours.
In a bowl, whisk the olive oil with the lemon juice, anchovies, garlic and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper.
Drain the celery and pat dry. Return the celery to the dry bowl and toss with the olives and dressing. Transfer the antipasto to a platter, scatter the ricotta salata over the top and serve.
The drained celery and the dressing can be refrigerated separately overnight in airtight containers.