© William Meppem
Celery and Olive Antipasto with Ricotta Salata
- SERVINGS: 10
- 15 large celery ribs, peeled and cut into 2-inch sticks
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 jarred anchovy fillets, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup Calamata olives (4 ounces), pitted and coarsely chopped
- 6 ounces ricotta salata, coarsely grated
- Put the celery in a large bowl of ice water and refrigerate until curled and very crisp, at least 2 hours.
- In a bowl, whisk the olive oil with the lemon juice, anchovies, garlic and lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the celery and pat dry. Return the celery to the dry bowl and toss with the olives and dressing. Transfer the antipasto to a platter, scatter the ricotta salata over the top and serve.
Make AheadThe drained celery and the dressing can be refrigerated separately overnight in airtight containers.