Â© Lucy Schaeffer
Celery and Mushroom Salad with Shaved Parmigiano
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 4
Chef Way Lidia Bastianich prepares this salad with abalone mushroom—a hard-to-find variety of oyster mushroom—and artichokes.
Easy Way Exchange the abalone mushrooms for wild mushrooms, and leave out the time-consuming artichokes.
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound mixed mushrooms, such as shiitake and oyster, stemmed and thickly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups thinly sliced celery (about 8 ribs)
- 1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano shavings (about 3 ounces)
- In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until golden, 7 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate and let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil with the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Add the celery, mushrooms and cheese shavings and toss gently. Serve right away.