- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 small shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- One 2-pound bunch celery, including leaves, trimmed and thinly sliced on the
- 2 medium heads of endive (10 ounces), sliced crosswise into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese (4 ounces)
- Freshly ground pepper
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 350°. Spread the pecans in a pie palate and toast in the oven for 8 minutes, until golden. Transfer to a plate to cool, then break the nuts into pieces.
In a small bowl, whisk the red wine vinegar with the shallot, mustard, salt and thyme. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until combined. In a large bowl, combine the celery with the endive, blue cheese and pecans. Pour over the dressing and toss to coat. Season with pepper and serve at once.