Caviar and Leek Sauce
- SERVINGS: 1 cup
More Sauces and Condiments
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 medium leeks with 3 inches of green, split lengthwise and thickly sliced crosswise
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 1 ounce caviar (about 2 tablespoons), preferably osetra
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Melt the butter in a medium sauce-pan. Add the leeks and cook over low heat, stirring, until softened but not browned, about 7 minutes. Add the wine and simmer until reduced to 2 tablespoons, about 4 minutes.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the sour cream and then the caviar. Season with the lemon juice and salt and pepper.
Make AheadThe recipe can be prepared though Step 1 up to 6 hours in advance and kept at room temperature. Rewarm before finishing.
Serve WithPan-fried or poached halibut steaks, mahimahi or tilefish fillets; pan-roasted chicken breasts; baked potatoes; fresh pasta; steamed asparagus or artichokes.