- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 medium leeks with 3 inches of green, split lengthwise and thickly sliced crosswise
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup sour cream, at room temperature
- 1 ounce caviar (about 2 tablespoons), preferably osetra
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Melt the butter in a medium sauce-pan. Add the leeks and cook over low heat, stirring, until softened but not browned, about 7 minutes. Add the wine and simmer until reduced to 2 tablespoons, about 4 minutes.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the sour cream and then the caviar. Season with the lemon juice and salt and pepper.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.