Cauliflower in a Caper Vinaigrette
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Chef Andy Nusser loves the tangy flavor of marinated vegetables. But when he's pressed for time, he simply tosses cooked vegetables (like the cauliflower here) with a tart vinaigrette, then serves them at room temperature. This dish is delicious warm, too.
Plus: More Vegetable Recipes and Tips
- 1 head of cauliflower (about 1 3/4 pounds), cut into 1-inch florets
- 2 tablespoons drained capers, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Cayenne pepper
- In a large saucepan of salted boiling water, cook the cauliflower florets until they are crisp-tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Drain the cauliflower well and pat dry.
- In a medium bowl, mix the capers, garlic and shallot with the vinegar. Whisk in the olive oil and season with salt and cayenne. Add the cauliflower and toss to coat. Serve warm or at room temperature.