- 1/2 large cauliflower head, roughly chopped
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- Few handfuls chopped spinach leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup ground golden flax seeds
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 2 tablespoons toasted black sesame seeds or poppy seeds (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Olive oil, for brushing cakes
How to make this recipe
Preheat oven to 400°. Pulse cauliflower in a food processor into slightly larger than rice-size pieces. Transfer into a large mixing bowl.
Add carrot, spinach, paprika, salt, pepper, flax meal, brown rice flour, sesame/poppy seeds (if using) and eggs. Mix with your hands, making sure that all the ingredients are distributed evenly. Carefully fold in feta cheese.
Prepare a parchment paper-covered baking sheet. Using a 1/3 cup measure, scoop the fritters onto the baking sheet, leaving space between each one. Flatten each cake with the back of a spoon.
Serve warm or at room temperature with Greek yogurt and green salad on a side.