Cauliflower and Crab Ravioli
- ACTIVE: 45 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
These impressive supersized ravioli are constructed with large rectangles of homemade pasta that are dotted with whole parsley leaves and filled with the unexpectedly alluring combination of crab and cauliflower.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small head of cauliflower (1 pound), cut into 1-inch florets
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 pound lump crabmeat, picked over
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 8 Fresh Pasta Sheets with Parsley
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. In a large, deep skillet, melt the butter in 2 teaspoons of the olive oil. Add the minced garlic and cook over moderate heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the cauliflower florets and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, just until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Add the water, cover and cook until the cauliflower is tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and simmer until slightly thickened, about 6 minutes. Add the crabmeat and stir gently to heat through. Season with salt and pepper and keep warm.
- Add salt and the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the boiling water and cook the pasta sheets until just tender, about 1 minute. Drain and return to the pot. Lightly drizzle the sheets with olive oil and, using 2 large spoons, toss lightly to coat.
- Place 1 pasta sheet on each of 4 warmed plates. Spoon the creamed crab and cauliflower onto the pasta sheets and sprinkle with half of the Parmesan cheese. Cover with the remaining pasta sheets and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan. Serve right away.
Though these ravioli are rich, their flavor is delicate. Rather than pouring a more opulent Chardonnay, go for one with a more delicate style. The classic option is Chablis.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.