- 3 pounds carrots, sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 pound sweet Italian sausages, removed from the casings
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste mixed with 1/2 cup water
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the carrots over moderately high heat until tender, about 7 minutes. Drain the carrots in a colander.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the sausage meat and cook over moderate heat, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, until no pink remains, about 4 minutes. Add the chopped onion and rosemary and cook over moderately low heat, stirring occasionally, until the onion is softened, about 6 minutes. Stir in the carrots and cook until heated through. Stir in the diluted tomato paste and season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat, stir in the parsley and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.