- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots (6 medium), sliced 1/2 inch thick on the diagonal
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the carrots and scallions and cook, stirring occasionally, over moderate heat until the scallions are softened, about 3 minutes. Add the lime juice and lime zest and season with salt and pepper. Cover the skillet and cook the carrots until they are crisp-tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in the pecans and parsley. Serve at once.
One Serving 155 cal, 9 gm total fat, 3.9 gm saturated fat, 19 gm carb, 6 gm fiber.