Carrots with Lime Butter
- TOTAL TIME: 25 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
The Good News A little butter not only adds a hint of richness to this piquant recipe, it also helps promote the absorption of vitamin A from the carrots.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots (6 medium), sliced 1/2 inch thick on the diagonal
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the carrots and scallions and cook, stirring occasionally, over moderate heat until the scallions are softened, about 3 minutes. Add the lime juice and lime zest and season with salt and pepper. Cover the skillet and cook the carrots until they are crisp-tender, about 15 minutes. Stir in the pecans and parsley. Serve at once.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.