- 1 1/2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds medium carrots, thinly sliced crosswise on the diagonal
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
How to make this recipe
- Warm a large nonreactive skillet over moderate heat. Add the coriander and caraway seeds and cook, shaking the pan, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Empty the spices onto a plate to cool. Using a spice grinder or a mortar and pestle, grind the spices to a powder.
- In the same skillet, warm the olive oil over high heat. Add the carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Add the spices and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Reduce the heat to low, add the vinegar and cook, stirring occasionally, until the carrots are tender, about 3 minutes. Season with salt. Transfer to a large shallow dish. Serve warm or at room temperature.
The carrots can be refrigerated, covered, overnight.