- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sweet Hungarian paprika, plus more for garnish
- Sea salt
- 1 1/2 pounds young carrots, scrubbed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 3/4 cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 4 cups cooked wheat berries
In a medium saucepan, heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil until shimmering. Add the onion and garlic and cook over moderate heat until softened, about 6 minutes. Add the 1 tablespoon of paprika and a generous pinch of salt and cook for 1 minute, stirring. Add 4 cups of water and the carrots and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook over low heat until tender, about 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Drain the carrots and transfer to a platter. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the chives.
In a bowl, mix the yogurt with the remaining 1 tablespoon of chives and season with salt and pepper. In a small skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the caraway and toast over moderate heat until fragrant, 1 minute. Drizzle the caraway oil over the yogurt and sprinkle with paprika. Serve the carrots with the yogurt and wheat berries.