Carrot Shallot Puree
- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 1 1/2 CUPS
Cooking carrots can as much as double the amount of beta-carotene they provide.
- 1 pound carrots, thickly sliced
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- In a medium saucepan, cover the carrots with water and simmer over moderate heat until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain, reserving the liquid.
- In a skillet, sauté the shallot in the oil over moderately low heat until softened, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a food processor with the carrots and 1/3 cup of the cooking liquid and process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl, season with salt and nutmeg and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.