- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped mixed herbs, such as chives and parsley
- Kosher salt
- Coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 pound carrots, peeled and very thinly sliced, preferably on a mandoline
- 2 medium golden beets, peeled and very thinly sliced, preferably on a
- 6 ounces white button or cremini mushrooms, very thinly sliced
- Parmigiano-Reggiano shavings, for garnish
How to make this recipe
In a large bowl, whisk the 1/4 cup of olive oil with the lemon juice and half of the herbs; season with salt and pepper. Add the carrots and beets, toss to coat and let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes.
Spread the mushrooms on a platter and top with the carrots and beets. Drizzle with olive oil, garnish with Parmigiano-Reggiano and the remaining herbs and serve.