- 1 pound carrots, peeled and grated on the large holes of a box grater (3 cups
- 2 ripe Anjou pears—peeled, cored and chopped (2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Ice, for serving
In a blender, combine all of the ingredients except for the ice with 1/2 cup of water and puree until smooth. Strain the shrub through a sieve lined with 3 layers of cheesecloth, pressing on the solids. Serve in 2 glasses over ice.