- 2 1/2 pounds purple or orange carrots, peeled and halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil (see Note)
- Fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup water
- Sweet paprika and chopped parsley, for garnish
- Toasted blue corn chips, for serving
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 350°. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the carrots with the coconut oil and 1 teaspoon of salt. Roast for about 45 minutes, stirring once, until tender and starting to brown.
In a food processor, combine the warm roasted carrots with the tahini, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and water. Process until smooth. Season with salt. Garnish with paprika and chopped parsley. Serve with blue corn chips.
The carrot hummus can be refrigerated for 3 days.
Coconut oil is available at many supermarkets, at health food stores and at Whole Foods.