- 1 1/4 pounds carrots, coarsely shredded
- 1 Fuji apple, peeled and coarsely shredded
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Butter a 9-inch square glass baking dish. In a medium bowl, toss the carrots, apple, cranberries, apple juice and honey. Pack the mixture into the dish, smoothing the surface. Spread the butter over the top.
- Bake in the upper third of the oven for about 40 minutes, or until the carrots are tender and the top is lightly browned. Serve the gratin at once.
Make AheadThe recipe can be prepared through Step 1 up to 4 hours ahead.
NotesOne Serving 171 calories, 6.2 gm total fat, 3.7 gm saturated fat, 30 gm carb.