Carrot, Coconut and Zucchini Bread
- ACTIVE: 20 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 2 HRS Plus cooling
- SERVINGS: One 8-by-4-inch loaf
This not-too-sweet quick bread is jam-packed with vegetables and an irresistible toasted-coconut topping.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large carrots, grated on the large holes of a box grater (1 packed cup)
- 1 medium zucchini, grated on the large holes of a box grater (1 packed cup)
- 1 1/4 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Spray an 8-by-4-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour with the baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the canola oil and both sugars until smooth. Stir in the carrots, zucchini and 3/4 cup of the shredded coconut, then fold in the dry ingredients just until combined.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of coconut. Loosely tent the pan with foil and bake for about 1 hour and 30 minutes, until the top is golden brown and a tester inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Transfer the bread to a rack to cool for 30 minutes, then turn it out and let cool completely.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.