- Twelve 1/3-inch-thick baguette slices, cut on the diagonal
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 medium carrots, very thinly sliced, preferably on a mandoline
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Arrange the baguette slices on a baking sheet and brush on both sides with olive oil. Bake for about 10 minutes, until golden brown. Rub the hot toasts on one side with the garlic clove.
- In a large skillet, heat the 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the carrots, cover and cook over moderate heat, tossing a few times, until golden brown and just tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the butter and lemon juice. Add the mint and season with salt and pepper. Top the toasts with the carrot mixture and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.