- Twelve 1/3-inch-thick baguette slices, cut on the diagonal
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 medium carrots, very thinly sliced, preferably on a mandoline
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat the oven to 350°. Arrange the baguette slices on a baking sheet and brush on both sides with olive oil. Bake for about 10 minutes, until golden brown. Rub the hot toasts on one side with the garlic clove.
In a large skillet, heat the 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the carrots, cover and cook over moderate heat, tossing a few times, until golden brown and just tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the butter and lemon juice. Add the mint and season with salt and pepper. Top the toasts with the carrot mixture and serve.