- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 1 pound carrots, shredded (2 1/2 cups)
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line 18 muffin cups with paper or foil liners. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour with the baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, whisk the sugar with the oil and eggs. Whisk in the dry ingredients until just incorporated, then stir in the wheat bran and carrots.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups and bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out with a few moist crumbs attached. Let the muffins cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then turn them out onto a rack to cool completely before serving.
The muffins can be wrapped in plastic and stored at room temperature overnight.