© Christina Holmes
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 4 to 6
Roasted carrots and raw avocados are an unexpected, if increasingly popular, combination. The grapefruit dressing adds tang and sweetness and roasted almonds add healthy crunch.
Slideshow: Cooking with Carrots
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated grapefruit zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds medium carrots, cut into 1/4 -inch-thick rounds
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 2 medium Hass avocados, peeled and cut into wedges
- Preheat the oven to 450°. In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, grapefruit juice and coriander.
- On a baking sheet, toss the carrots with 3 tablespoons of the dressing. Spread the carrots in a single layer and roast for about 20 minutes, turning once, until golden and tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the almonds, grapefruit zest and parsley. Transfer the carrots to a platter along with the avocados. Drizzle with the remaining dressing, top with the grapefruit gremolata and serve.