- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 packed cups cilantro leaves and stems
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Two 15-ounce cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and coarsely shredded
- In a food processor, combine the lemon juice with the minced garlic and let stand for 15 minutes. In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil. Add the almonds and toast over moderate heat, stirring, until golden, about 5 minutes. Drain the toasted almonds on paper towels and let cool.
- Transfer half of the almonds to the food processor. Add the cilantro, cumin, smoked paprika and cayenne pepper and pulse until chopped. Add the olive oil and process to a chunky paste. Season with salt and pepper; transfer to a large bowl. Add the chickpeas and carrots and toss. Garnish with the remaining almonds and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.