Caribbean-Style Sliced Salad
- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 small cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced lengthwise 1/8 inch thick on a mandoline
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 ripe green tomato, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk the mustard with the white wine vinegar and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the vegetables on plates. Season with salt and pepper; drizzle with the vinaigrette and serve.
Notes The salad is an excellent accompaniment for Pan-Seared Chicken Breasts with Jamaican Curry.