© Zubin Schroff
Caribbean Seasoning Sauce
- SERVINGS: MAKES ABOUT 2 1/2 CUPS
Try spreading this herb-filled sauce thickly on such fish fillets as salmon or sea bass and letting them marinate for 30 minutes before grilling.
Plus: More Grilling Recipes and Tips
- 4 cups basil leaves
- 1 cup oregano leaves
- 1/2 cup thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup snipped chives
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 12 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 3 jalapeños, coarsely chopped
- 1 celery rib, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a blender or food processor, pulse all of the ingredients to a coarse paste.
Make AheadThe sauce can be refrigerated for up to 3 months.