- SERVINGS: 4
Osteria Marco, Denver
Frank Bonanno loves pasta carbonara. He transforms the dish into a pizza by topping a thin-crusted pie with sunny-side up eggs and pancetta.
More Pizza Recipes
- One 1/2-pound ball of fresh or thawed frozen pizza dough
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 2 thick slices of pancetta, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 large eggs
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Set a pizza stone or inverted baking sheet in the middle of the oven to preheat. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to a 12-inch round and transfer to a lightly floured pizza peel.
- Spread the mascarpone on the dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Sprinkle with the pecorino and pancetta and season with pepper. Slide the pizza onto the stone and bake for about 6 minutes, until the crust is set and the topping begins to bubble. Crack the eggs over the pizza and bake for about 6 minutes longer, until the crust is golden, the egg whites are set and the yolks are still runny. Season the eggs lightly with salt, sprinkle with the parsley and serve.