- One 1/2-pound ball of fresh or thawed frozen pizza dough
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 2 thick slices of pancetta, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 large eggs
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Set a pizza stone or inverted baking sheet in the middle of the oven to preheat. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to a 12-inch round and transfer to a lightly floured pizza peel.
- Spread the mascarpone on the dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Sprinkle with the pecorino and pancetta and season with pepper. Slide the pizza onto the stone and bake for about 6 minutes, until the crust is set and the topping begins to bubble. Crack the eggs over the pizza and bake for about 6 minutes longer, until the crust is golden, the egg whites are set and the yolks are still runny. Season the eggs lightly with salt, sprinkle with the parsley and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.