Caramelized Pineapple Sundaes with Coconut
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 10
- One 2-pound pineapple—peeled, cored and sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rings
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 1/2 pints fat-free vanilla frozen yogurt
- Mint sprigs, for garnish
- Light a grill. Brush the pineapple rings with the vegetable oil. Grill over moderately high heat, turning occasionally, until the pineapple is lightly charred and softened, about 8 minutes. Transfer the rings to a work surface and cut into bite-size pieces.
- In a medium skillet, toast the coconut over moderate heat until golden, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- Scoop the yogurt into sundae glasses or bowls. Top with the grilled pineapple, sprinkle with the coconut, garnish with the mint sprigs and serve right away.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.