- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 large, firm but ripe Bartlett pearspeeled, cored and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 mangoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 bananas, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Preheat the broiler. In a small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup of the sugar with the lemon juice, rosemary and 1/4 cup of the water and bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Let cool.
- In another small saucepan, combine the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar with 2 tablespoons of the water. Cook over high heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Cook without stirring until a deep amber caramel forms, about 5 minutes longer. Remove from heat and carefully add the remaining 2 tablespoons of water. When the steam subsides, stir the caramel over moderate heat just until dissolved.
- Thread the fruit on 16 skewers. Set the skewers on a baking sheet and brush with the rosemary syrup; let stand for 10 minutes. Broil the skewers on 1 side only for about 3 minutes, until caramelized. Transfer the skewers to a large plate, drizzle with the caramel sauce and serve.
The rosemary syrup and caramel sauce can be kept at room temperature for up to 1 day.
One Serving 202 cal, 1 gm fat, 0.1 gm saturated fat, 52 gm carb, 3 gm fiber.
Nonfat frozen yogurt.