- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 small red onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 pounds brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup lightly salted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- Melt the butter in a large deep skillet. Add the onions and 3 tablespoons of the vinegar and cook over moderate heat until they begin to brown, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, steam the brussels sprouts until crisp-tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the brussels sprouts to the onions. Stir in the sugar and the remaining 3 tablespoons of vinegar and cook over moderately high heat, tossing, until the brussels sprouts are tender and lightly caramelized, 8 to 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl, garnish with the pistachios and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.