- 4 garlic cloves, halved
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 very thin pork rib chops (about 4 ounces each)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Put the garlic, soy sauce, sugar and oil in a mini food processor and process until the garlic is pureed. Put the pork chops on a rimmed baking sheet and pour the marinade over them; turn to coat the chops. Let stand at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Light a grill. Season the chops with salt and pepper and grill over high heat until charred and just cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to plates.
Zesty white Alsatian grape varieties go well with Asian-inspired dishes. A citrus-scented Pinot Gris will pair well with all of the flavors here.