- TOTAL TIME: 15 MIN plus chilling
- SERVINGS: 1 1/4 cups
Plus: Caramel Cooking Tips
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a medium saucepan, combine the butter with all three sugars and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook over moderately high heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the cream and boil for 2 minutes longer. Transfer the caramel sauce to a pitcher. Stir in the vanilla and salt and refrigerate until cold, at least 2 hours.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.